Kale’s (16) clean sweep helped Maharashtra (24 gold, 22 silver, 17 bronze) sneak past Haryana (23G, 20S, 29B) at the time of writing. Kale towered over the field, clinching gold medals in all-round, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon rhythmic events.
“I am very happy with my performance but my main focus is now to make it to the Indian team for the Commonwealth Games and then aim to qualify for the Paris Olympics,” said the Thane resident.
On the other hand, Maharashtra won both the 4×100 relays, the Girls’ 100m, and the Boy’s high jump (Aniket Mane, with a 2.07m leap) to add to their two in wrestling and one in badminton.
Similarly, Maharashtra’s Sudeshna Shivankar dominated the Girls’ 100m event, clocking 11.79 seconds. She then came back to anchor the 4x100m relay team for gold immediately after the boys achieved the same feat.
Likewise, the state’s Darshan Pujari clinched the Badminton Boy’s Singles gold, to lift the spirits in their camp.
Here are Maharashtra’s results for all finals
(G: Gold, S: Silver, B: Bronze)
- 4x100M: G: Maharashtra 42.85
- High Jump: G: Aniket Mane (Maharashtra) 2.07m, S: Aryan Patil (Maharashtra) 2.04m
- 4x100M: G: Maharashtra 47.27
- 100M: G: Sudeshna Shivankar (Maharashtra) 11.79, S: Avantika Narale (Maharashtra) 12.07
- Singles Final: Darshan Pujari (Maharashtra) bt S Rithviksanjeevi (Tamil Nadu) 21-15, 22-20
Boys – Keirin
- 1500m: S: Mangesh Takmoge (Maharashtra)
Girls – Keirin
- 1500m: S: Pooja Danole (Maharashtra)
- Boys: B: Maharashtra
- Girls: S: Maharashtra
- Artistic Gymnastics: S: Eshita Rewale (Maharashtra), B: Riddhi Hattekar (Maharashtra
- 73kg: S: Kiran Marathe (Maharashtra) 267
- GR 71kg: B: Sanket (Maharashtra)
- FS 51kg: G: Narsingh Patil (Maharashtra), S: Rohit Patil (Maharashtra)
- FS 65kg: G: Shubham (Maharashtra)
- 49kg: B: Ahilya Shinde (Maharashtra)