Maharashtra: Over 409 Trained, Certified Counsellors To Help Board Exam Students

0
95



On Friday, January 5, Maharashtra school education minister Varsha Gaikwad took to Twitter to announce that in order to help students face the upcoming grade 10 and 12 board exams confidently and tackle any exam-related anxiety along with cultivating a winning mindset, more than 409 trained and certified counsellors will be available for the state board exam students.

While the list of counsellors can be found here, she said, “The counsellors will help students in regulating exam stress and provide useful tips on preparation & time management. We urge students to contact counsellors listed above for any help they may need. Best of luck for the upcoming exams.”

Earlier, Gaikwad had released a statement highlighting special measures for the board exams. These include that students will write their exams in the school or college they study in. Additionally, they have an extra time of 30 minutes for a 70-100 mark paper and 15 minutes for a 40-60 mark paper. Moreover, question papers will be given 10 minutes before the starting bell. 

Apart from this, a minimum additional time of 20 minutes per hour of examination will be given as compensatory time to students with disabilities. This is over the extra time stated previously. Furthermore, since the curriculum was cut by 25 per cent, exam questions will be asked from the remaining 75 per cent syllabus. 

On the other hand, practical examinations for grade 12 will be done according to the 40 per cent of the subject-wise syllabus for practicals or the number of completed experiments, whichever is greater. That for grade 10 will be done according to the 40 per cent of the subject-wise syllabus for practicals or the number of completed experiments, whichever is greater. If it is not possible to hold practical exams, assessments can be done through the written mode. 

Also Read: Maharashtra: HSC, SSC Board Examination Timetable Released



Source link