The Central Railways has taken various initiatives to promote digital payment with the introduction of POS, QR/UPI over UTS counters and ATVMs.
Now, passengers can use any UPI enabled app for payment of tickets in ATVM, UTS/PRS counters. Not only this but, ATVM smart cards can also be recharged now by net banking/UPI through the “UTS on Mobile” website.
Passengers have been requested to note this and avail the same.
In other developments, the Central Railways has announced the running of 574 summer specials from/to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai/Lokmanya Tilak Terminus/Panvel/Pune/Nagpur and Sainagar Shirdi to various destinations for the convenience of passengers and to clear the extra rush of passengers during April to June 2022.
- 126 summer specials between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Manmad, Nagpur, Malda Town and Rewa;
- 6 summer specials between Dadar and Madgaon;
- 282 summer specials between Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and Shalimar, Ballia, Gorakhpur, Samastipur and Thivim:
- 18 summer specials between Panvel and Karmali;
- 20 summer specials between Nagpur and Madgaon;
- 100 summer specials between Pune and Karmali, Jaipur, Danapur, Virangana Lakshmibai station and Kanpur Central;
- 20 summer specials between Sainagar Shirdi and Dahar ka Balaji:
- 2 summer specials between Latur and Bidar
Bookings for all these summer specials are already open. Travellers can login to the website or visit the nearest computerised reservation centre for a reservation.
Additionally, passengers visit the website or download NTES App for detailed timings and halts. Commuters are requested to follow COVID-19 appropriate behaviour for their and others’ safety.
Also Read: Mumbai Rains: Central Railway Gears Up With Monsoon Preparations