The Mumbai Traffic Police have imposed a few traffic restrictions in the city on the occasion of 131st birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, which will be celebrated on Thursday, April 14.
In view of the large number of people visiting Chaitya Bhoomi in Dadar to pay tribute to Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, traffic movement on nearby roads will be affected. The following orders will apply from 11 pm on April 13 to midnight on April 14, said the Mumbai traffic police.
In view of the large number of people visiting Chaitya Bhoomi to pay tribute to Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, traffic movement on nearby roads will be affected. The following orders will apply from 11 pm on April 13 to midnight on April 14. #TrafficUpdates pic.twitter.com/arAbtFIkSh
— Mumbai Traffic Police (@MTPHereToHelp) April 12, 2022
The traffic police have imposed one way/road closure restrictions on seven roads around the area of Chaitya Bhoomi in Dadar for management of the congestion and crowd.
Moreover, the traffic police have also issued advisory instructions in case of heavy congestion on several city roads.
One Way/Closure Of Roads:
- SK Bole Road will be one-way from Siddhivinayak Junction to Hanuman Temple, that means there will be no entry from Hanuman Temple.
- Bhavani Shankar Road shall be one way from Hanuman Temple/Dadar Kabutar Khana upto its Junction with Gokhale Road South, which means there shall be no entry from Gokhale Road South via Gopinath Chavan Chowk, except BEST buses and emergency/utility services.
- Ranade Road will be closed for all types of vehicular movement.
- SVS Road from Siddhivinayak Junction upto Hinduja Hospital shall be closed for all type of vehicular traffic, but local residents can go upto Road No. 5 that is Pandurang Naik Marg Junction from Hinduja Hospital.
- Dnyaneshwar Mandir Road shall be closed for all types of vehicular traffic from its junction at SVS Road upto Dadar Chowpatty.
- If necessary, the vehicular traffic (except BEST bus and emergency/utility services) shall be closed from Dadar TT.
- All heavy vehicles including tempos (except BEST buses) shall be diverted from Mahim Junction via Mori towards Senapati Bapat Marg.
In Case of Heavy Traffic
South bound vehicular traffic coming from Western Express Highway, and proceeding towards south Mumbai, then the motorists can take a left turn at Kalanagar Junction and proceed towards Dharavi T Junction to Sion Railway station or 60 feet road at Dharavi via Kumbharwada to Sion Hospital and take a right turn to Dr. BA Road or they can use the Bandra Worli Sealink via Bandra to Worli and reach their destination.
South bound traffic coming from the Eastern Express Highway may use Wadala Bridge, Barkat Ali Naka, BPT Colony to proceed ok Eastern Freeway for their further journey.
North bound traffic coming from Colaba and CST, police suggested the motorists to use P Dmello Road, Barrister Nath Pai Marg, Zakeria Bunder Road, RAK Marg upto Matunga Arora Bridge and then take a right turn along Dr. BA Road and further on via Sion Hospital junction or take a left turn at Gafarkhan Junction on Dr. Annie Besant Road for Bandra Worli Sealink and further to suburban Mumbai.
North bound traffic coming from Mahalaxmi railway station via the Dr. E Moses Road may use the Senapati Bapat Road for their further journey.
Additionally, the police also allocated special parking spaces and eight adjoining roads to the Chaitya Bhoomi in the vicinity of Shivaji Park have been declared as no parking zones.
No Parking Zones:
- S Veer Savarkar Road
- Ranade Road
- NC Kelkar Road
- Keluskar Road (north and south)
- Gokhale Road (north and south)
- Tilak Bridge
- SK Bole Road
- Bhavani Shankar Road
Allocated Parking Spaces
- Senapati Bapat Marg (Mahim and Dadar)
- PPL at India Bulls Finance Centre (Elphinstone)
- PPL at Kohinoor Square in Kohinoor Mill Compound at Shivaji Park
- Kamagar Stadium (Senapati Bapat Road)
- PPL at India Bulls Centre, Jupiter Mill Compound in Elphinstone