Wockhardt Hospitals, Mira Road launched North Mumbai‘s first dedicated sports medicine diagnosis, rehabilitation, and surgery facility as a dedicated centre. The Hospital is a tertiary care hospital that caters to a population across Western India. The faculty is spread across 215000_ sq feet.
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Girish Bhalerao, Head – Centre of Excellence for Sports Medicine and Consultant- Joint Replacement & Sports Medicine Specialist, said, “We are proud to come up with a Centre for Sports Medicine which is a comprehensive facility with tailor-made programs for the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and recovery involving all the essential facilities. This centre is a one-stop solution for not only athletes but non-athletes too.”
This sports medicine will provide all the services under one roof. “This centre will help the athletes to take care of their overall well-being. It will allow improving performance levels not only in athletes but even non-athletes of various age groups,” said Soniya Rajage, Freestyle wrestling Champion.
Below are the facilities available at the centre:
- Dedicated Laminar airflow Operation Theatre with all recent advances in operative logistics and equipment like 4K HD camera & monitor, Quantum Laser Radio Frequency Ablator, high and low-frequency shavers, bone burr, high-performance suction, SPIDER 2 limb positioning system, etc. for providing world-class operative care to its patients
- Autologous stem cell transplantation
- Green OT
- Advanced implants and methods to perform joint preserving surgeries
- Dedicated Rehabilitation centre equipped with the latest technology
Dr Pankaj Dhamija Center Head, Wockhardt Hospitals, Mira Road said, “Our centre of Excellence for Sports Medicine aims to provide comprehensive medical care for sports-related injuries when it comes to professional athletes as well as sports enthusiasts.”
To give the best possible treatment in sports Related Injuries, the Center of Sports Medicine has some renowned experts from India and Abroad while involving an entire team of trained Rehabilitation Specialists. The experienced faculty consists of :
- Dr Girish Bhalerao, Head – Centre of Excellence for Sports Medicine and Consultant Joint Replacement & Sports Medicine Specialist – FIFA Certified
- Dr Imraan Khan, Consultant & Head Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation
- Dr. Mayola D’Souza, Senior Sports Physiotherapist
“The department will be able to deal with all the problems related to sports injuries and injuries to joints. This includes evaluation of the patient, imaging, diagnosis of injuries, cryotherapy and advanced Electrotherapeutic modalities, sports rehabilitation, fitness evaluation, sports nutrition, and sports psychology,” said Bhalerao.
“Aim of the Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation specialists will be to help athletes of all age groups and all levels of ability to enhance their sports performance and provide evidence-based advice and support on safe participation in sports and exercise,” concluded Dr Imraan Khan, Consultant & Head Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation department.